2015-09-24 Developers Forum

How to Join

 Click here to expand...

By Browser

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627


  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Overview of what OMRS supports and what is not supported
    • Help clarifying what is supported
    • How can we communicate this better?
  • RefApp 2.3 release review
  • Review next meeting agenda


OpenMRS Developers Forum 2015-09-24
  • Kui Chen
  • Charles Treatman
  • Michael Downey
  • Ryan Yates
  • Wyclif Luyima
  • Ada Yeung
  • Serghei Luchianov
  • Sri Maurya Kummamuru
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Andy __
  • Willa
  • Suranga Kasthurirathne
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Terry Cullen
  • Saptarshi Purkayastha
  • Jonathan Dick
Agenda & Notes
  • Review last week TODOs (AMPATH WIP)
  • Communicating what is supported
  • What does OpenMRS (the community) support?
  • What does it mean to be End Of Life (EOL)?
  • Bugs are no longer backported to these versions
  • The core team will not be backporting and committing patches to that release's folder.
  • No longer supported by community developers
  • Bug  reports for end of life versions will be answered with 'please upgrade  to a supported version and confirm it is still an issue'. We will not be  releasing new maintenance point releases in that line.
  • "Community-Owned" and "Community-Supported" Modules
  • Do modules even have release lines?
  • No (not any that I'm aware of)
  • What do we not support?
  • Older than 3 minor releases of Platform & OpenMRS 2.x
  • Platform 1.11, 1.10, 1.9 are supported currently (+2.0 -1.9)
  • OpenMRS 2.2, 2.1, 2.0 are supported currently (+2.3 -2.0)
  • But what is "support" for this since there are no maintenance releases (yet)?
  • How can we communicate this more effectively?
  • What does "support" mean?
  • Software development/bug fixing vs. helping troubleshoot & resolve problems?
  • People in the OMRS community are almost always happy to answer questions.
  • "Support" means "gets maintenance releases" and/or attention of the community development swim lane
  • What happens if it's not clear if an owner/maintainer is actively working on devleopment of a module?
  • How do people know if they can just jump in and help with development?
  • What happens to tickets for the legacy UI?
  • Being "extracted" into a module - put it into Platform to get the legacy UI
  • Presumptive "Community-Supported" Module
  • How do implementations know how to contribute to modules?
  • We should encourage modules to add CONTRIBUTING.md to their root folder and add source link in Modulus
  • TODO: Burke to create ticket for new feature in Modulus to show link to source code (optional, of course)
  • Reference Application 2.3 release review
  • Big issues remaining:
  • Wyclif was waiting for 1.11.4 for several modules which can now be released
  • TODO: Rafal - metadatasharing was blocking several others
  • TODO: Maurya is finished with UAT01 (was used for OpenMRS 2.2 release testing) so it could be used by Tharunya. They should coordinate directly.
  • Documentation:
  • content for 2.3 needed
  • Release notes
  • After Action Review
  • Preview next week
  • WIP: Bahmni Update