2015-02-05 Developers Forum

How to Join

 Click here to expand...


By Browser

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627



  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Platform 2.0 release planning, OpenMRS 2.2 showcase, Sprint updates
  • Review next meeting agenda


View at notes.openmrs.org


OpenMRS Developers Form 2015-02-05
  • Michael Downey
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Ryan Yates
  • Suranga Kasthurirathne
  • Daniel Kaywia
  • Karl Wurst
  • "Class" :-)
  • Maurya
  • Rafal Korytkowski
  • Sandeep Raparthi
  • Sara Armson
  • Sharon Varghese
  • Tharunya
  • Willa
  • Aniketha _
  • Bhavana _
Agenda & Notes
  • Review last week's TODOs
  • No meeting last week
  • TODO: Burke will create a Talk topic on deciding goals/expectations of hackathon as well as determining expertise of attendees 
  • TODO: Pascal will talk to group from Mozambique to get ideas/goals 
  • TODO: Put out a call for volunteer OpenMRS 2.2 release manager (Burke)
  • TODO: get Wyclif in touch with David & Audrey to coordinate sprint kickoff time. (?)
  • TODO: Burke to define the explicit Upstream coordinator role and look for someone(s) to fill it
  • TODO: See if we could make a script to Create a database/table/document to track libraries (someone?). Joseph Kaweesi was working on a module to show dependencies.
  • TODO: Who is owning the hackathon? Wyclif
  • TODO: quarterly "module review" call on dev forum to review list of community supported modules and make decisions on how things should change (?)
  • Invite Bahmni team to present their OpenERP integration as a form of billing support OOB for OpenMRS RA (Jamie Thomas)
  • Need a "getting to /dev/1" page
  • Add github username to talk.openmrs.org profile settings
  • Take a quiz
  • introduced == badge on Talk
  • claimed ticket == assignee on any ticket in JIRA
  • pull request accepted == PR data with github username
  • Need to define badges for each requirement to advance stages
  • Think about bootstrapping process – i.e., assign stages for some folks so they can start putting it in their signature
  • Platform 2.0 release planning
  • Legacy UI moved to a module (potential GSoC project - who would mentor?)
  • TODO: Burke to suggest this GSoC project
  • OpenMRS 2.2 showcase
  • Expect to run atop OpenMRS Platform 1.11
  • Sprint updates
  • None currently
  • GSoC
  • Call for mentors & project ideas ... see dev@ email from Suranga & email community@openmrs.org if you want to be a mentor.
  • After Action Review
  • What did you expect to happen?
  • What actually happened?
  • What can we do better?
  • Preview next week
  • Upgrading Spring



  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)