2017-02-02 Developers Forum

How to Join

 Click here to expand...

By Browser

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627



  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Developer Stages, 2016 Google Code-In Wrap Up, Google Summer of Code update
  • Review next meeting agenda


  • Burke Mamlin
  • Daniel Kayiwa 
  • Wyclif Luymia
  • Ashish Sareen
  • Tim N
  • Suranga Nath Kasthurirathne
  • Jamie Thomas
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Developer Stages and 2016
  • Google Code-In Wrap Up
  • GSoC Planning
OpenMRS Developer Stages http://om.rs/devstages
  • Initially developed in part to increase engagement/leadership
  • In 2016, we decided to focus on dev stages to represent skill in OpenMRS development
  • Current definitions are not precise (using them as conventions, not strict rules)
  • Current process
  • Daniel leading as Community Devleopment Lead
  • Daniel scanning for potential upgrades
  • Some people have pinged Daniel asking about advancing
  • Some have been nominated by others
  • In some cases, we realize someone needs a stage to have appropriate privileges
  • People can reach /dev/null and /dev/1 through an automated process
  • Potential improvements to process
  • Create a quiz for additional stages
  • Quizzes could help explicitly show someone's interest in advancing stage (instead of relying on nomination or self-nomination to discover people ready to advance)
  • Review stages (perhaps at some interval) to refine them
  • Try to make the skillset/expectations clearer both for dev desiring a stage, but also for people looking for devs at a particular stage
  • Skills should be both technical (programming), toolset (git, devops), ability to be a good open-source developer (communication, following open-source best practices), community productivity (leadership tasks, sprinting, spiking, running h
  • TODO: Burke & Daniel to meet to 
Google Code-In
  • Completed in Janurary
  • Thanks to all the mentors!
  • Chaitya was admin and did a great job! Suranga was able to back away a litte.
  • Shreyans, Daniel, Harsha, Rafał, Wyclif, and others helped a ton!
  • Colin Grimm
  • Mira Yang
  • Will pick a mentor to attend mentor summit
  • Need a write-up (blog entry) describing success of OpenMRS GCI 2016
  • TODO: Suranga will ask Chaitya to lead this
Google Summer of Code
  • GSoC admins
  • Harsha Kumara
  • Kaweesi Joseph
  • Mentors (thus far)
  • harsha98
  • dkayiwa
  • suranga
  • k.joseph
  • emekaaliu
  • burke
  • pascal
  • raff
  • wyclif
  • maurya
  • sunveer50732
  • Need unassigned project pages
  • Title: Foobar Project
  • Abstract
  • Project Champions
  • Skills Needed
  • Objectives
  • Extra Credit
  • Resources
  • Well-defined "2 month" project
  • Should have a clear, useful deliverable that can almost surely be accomplished in ~2 months
  • Last month of GSoC should be deployment, documentation, testing, enhancements



  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)