2010-11-18 Developers Conference Call


18 November 2010

In Attendance


  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • 1.7
  • 1.8
  • 2.0
  • Searching for drugs
  • After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)


Previous meeting minute review

  • TODO's from last week
    • Darius to email Burke about getting an RG DBA to look at the query
      • Paul will look into it with the DBA's that sit next to him.
    • Glen to make tickets for tasks and versions/iterations of the concept proposal module
    • Darius saw some tickets get created
      • Uncertain status
    • Ada to spec out what minimal functionality would be needed by AMPATH for concept proposal module
      • Ada has been out this past week, no updates - TODO
    • Add concept mapping to design call
      • No updates

1.7 Release Update

  • AMPATH has tested. 3/5 issues are related to HTML forms
  • Jeremy: Most problems are related to using old data. Some questions about HTML form entry are getting in the way of testing.
  • Ben still wants to release in light of the 1.7 bugs found by AMPATH so far
  • Ben has one follow up question in four parts:
    • 1.6.3, 1.5.2, 1.4.7 is ready to go, wanted to release at same time
    • EOL 1.4 when 1.7 releases?
    • Should we announce EOL of 1.5 in parallel with 1.8? Paul: Yes.
    • Paul: Don't underestimate the amount of people looking at the software. Lots we don't know about; he's scared!
    • 1.7 released today or tomorrow!

1.8 Release Update

  • Substantial performance improvements - up to 64% faster (or maybe more) at the moment
  • 70% through widget re-work, Within next week should be done with
  • Reviewed the outstanding 1.8 tickets and closed/reassigned/updated them
  • TODO Ben will generate a new dataset for the new performance testing platform before it goes live.

2.0 Design Update

  • Darius did a demo of early 2.0 prototypes





  • Backchannel IRC transcript
  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download - available after the meeting