2014-09-04 Developers Forum

How to Join

 Click here to expand...


By Browser

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627



  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Best Practices for modeling medical constructs (?) and sharing these
  • Review next meeting agenda


View at notes.openmrs.org


Developers Forum 2014-09-04
  • Michael Downey
  • Aniketha
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Wyclif Luyima
  • Ryan Yates
  • Lara Kellett
  • Willa
  • Ada Yeung
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Nicholas __
  • Mike Seaton
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Karl Wurst
  • Paul Biondich
  • Nyoman Ribeka
  • Geoff
  • Sara Armson
Reminder: September Support Sweep contest for contributors! Win swag! http://om.rs/s3
Agenda & Notes
  • Review last week's outstanding TODOs
  • (WIP: OpenMRS Atlas & Docker)
  • TODO: Chris Power to schedule how Reporting in OpenMRS 2.1 will get done (or find out if Darius is going to address reporting for 2.1)
  • TODO: Alexis Duque to provide a video for YouTube (done, uploading today)
Best Practices for modeling medical constructs and sharing them
  • Proposer: Mike Seaton
  • Sources for best practices for modeling medical constructs
  • Maternal Concept Lab
  • Contains links to OCL, CIEL, and other dictionary
  • Andy Kanter
  • From Columbia University and board member of IMO
  • Expert in concept dictionary modeling
  • Community
  • Concept Best Practices
  • Advanced Concept Management in wiki
  • Reference Application
  • Fairly sparse at this point, but could help communicate best practices
  • If someone wants to know what metadata (concepts & forms) are needed for basic HIV care, where do they go/look?
  • Are there modeling conventions?
  • Non-coded concepts
  • Pre- vs post-coordination
  • To obs group or not to obs group
  • Can we get more organized about presenting our knowledge in this space?
  • Rounding up the tools/resources above, curating
  • A place to be pointed to that gives clear guidance & examples ... not so much best practices, and more like real examples that can be used/forked
  • Can we better facilitate and organize conversations and questions?
  • Meetings, lists, forums, wiki documents, ?
  • How do we share forms?
  • Form Bank
  • Questions: 
  • Can we use the form schema/form fields/concepts to start?
  • TODOs
  • TODO: Refactor HTML Form Entry to store its model into form_field when a form is updated
  • TODO: Send form references 
  • After action review
  • What did you expect to happen?
  • What actually happened?
  • What can we do better?
  • Preview next week
  • OpenMRS 2.1 planning



  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)