2015-03-05 Developers Forum

How to Join

 Click here to expand...


By Browser

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627



  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • OpenMRS 2.2 showcase
  • Sprint Updates
  • Adopting Java 8
  • Review next meeting agenda


View at notes.openmrs.org


OpenMRS Developers Forum 2015-03-05
  • Michael Downey
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Aniketha ____
  • SandeepRaparthi
  • Sara Armson
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Michael Malloy
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Dave DeSimone
  • Patrick ____
  • Emily Paiz
  • Kyle Murphy
  • Ryan Yates
  • Jamie Thomas
  • Tobias Fischer
  • Michael Svedberg
  • Wyclif Luyima
  • Willa ____
  • James Arbaugh
  • Jim Hinson
  • "mstemn"
  • Sonia Paulino
  • Cosmin Ioan
  • Bhavana ____
  • Kaweesi Joseph
  • Rodrigo Roldan
  • "R"
  • Mat M
Agenda & Notes
  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • TODO: Burke to define the explicit Upstream coordinator role and look for someone(s) to fill it (follow up)
  • TODO: Suranga to follow up on someone to See if we could make a script to Create a database/table/document to  track libraries (someone?). Joseph Kaweesi was working on a module to  show dependencies. A script would do it better (but still we would need a way of getting the updates from the database to the user, this is what the module was lke doing), in the first place i had tried instead to do some sort of module that would do the reporting of dependency updates. I can work on the script still
  • TODO: give someone the authority to run with Spring – i.e., Burke will reply to existing dev thread and see if someone (Lluis, Kirs, others) who wants to dig into Spring. 
  • (Work continues with Kris Schmidt et al)
  • Does non-backward compatible Platform 1.x changes mean we bump to Platform 2.0 per http://semver.org/ ?
  • No updates ... any other volunteers?
  • TODO: Saptarshi spec out a Moodle server based on our usage plans (test server is up, starting to develop question content)
  • TODO: Saptarshi figure out how to get data out of Moodle (see above)
  • TODO: Someone to Evaluate wether we can use sonar findbugs, and add the additional security rules
  • TODO: Someone to Asssit Sherif with setting up openmrs with a commercial security tool
  • Introduce newcomers
  • OpenMRS Dev Basics quiz content review (held over from last week) (Saptarshi)
  • OpenMRS 2.2 showcase
  • Some recent commits have broken DTE servers so demos will be limited
  • TODO: Ensure a less brittle (e.g., UAT) server is available for sprints and other projects
  • Sprint Updates
  • Adopting Java 8
  • Java 7
  • Not enough reason to code against Java 7, since Java 8 is out.
  • Java 8
  • Java 6 is EOL
  • Java 8 has awesome new language features
  • After Action Review
  • What did you expect to happen?
  • What actually happened?
  • What can we do better?
  • Preview next meeting agenda
-----Running Meeting Notes-----
  • Updated: Similar patient algorithm.
  • Added: Real time validation on 'Register a Patient'->'Birthdate'.
  • Request: 'Register a Patient'->'Phone Number': "Having the phone number field validated by an Implementation specified Regular Expression would be nice". -Arbaugh
  • Added: Demographics - Birthdate - 'Estimated Checkbox' added to allow a birthdate to remain estimated after going in and changing the birth date.



  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)